Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about Urbane apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Do you allow pets?
- We are a pet free community.
- Do you have covered parking available?
- Yes. Obtaining a parking spot in the garage in on a first come, first serve basis and limited spots are available to residents for a monthly fee. There are other garages available near the community, including on campus.
- How are roommates assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- Will you send me a bill each month?
We do not send out monthly invoices but for your convenience you can use our online resident portal to check your balance at any time.
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of one and a half (1.5) month's rent.
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
With the exception of joining the military, we do not offer a lease termination clause in the lease. The resident is responsible for the entire lease contract. Urbane does allow residents to transfer their lease agreement with proper authorization from the management staff.